About The Cranbrook Chamber
As a Chamber Member, your Chamber of Commerce is the salesman for our community and its businesses – tirelessly promoting your products and services. The united voice of the Cranbrook & District Chamber of Commerce has often proven effective and beneficial to the businesses of our community where a single voice can often go unheard. The benefit of belonging to the Chamber is full-time representation and year-round results.
The Chamber’s role in Cranbrook is:
- To attract new and diverse businesses to the Cranbrook area.
- To serve as the united voice of the business community of Cranbrook.
- To strengthen and retain existing industries and businesses.
- To provide a forum for the Cranbrook business community to develop opinions and programs contributing to the social and economic quality of life.
- To promote a society and economy based on private enterprise and concern for the individual.
- To communicate information on subjects of interest to Members.
- To facilitate business and social contacts among Members of the Chamber Network.
- To provide a meeting place for the business community.
- To link the business community on a Provincial, Regional and National scale through Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce’s Membership in the British Columbia Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Chambers of Commerce:
Community Leaders in Action
February 21st marks the beginning of Chamber of Commerce Week, an opportunity for Chambers of Commerce across the province to demonstrate the outstanding value they provide to their communities.
This value comes in the form of benefits and services to stimulate local economies, direct community promotion and support, and engaging in an important multi-level advocacy role which benefits the entire province.
Advocacy efforts of Chambers of Commerce in BC represent some of their most important work. Chambers raise issues that concern both their members and the community at large with Local, Provincial and Federal governments. The network of over 120 Chambers of Commerce across BC is a unique business organization, and gives issues a voice beyond the local level. This provides much needed input to public policy, which benefits local economic and social well-being.
Direct support for businesses and the community constitute another central area of Chamber focus. Chambers of Commerce provide benefit, service and educational programs to their membership, supporting businesses and helping them achieve success. Chambers of Commerce also work diligently to promote and assist their communities. This support for both local businesses and the areas in which they operate directly stimulates local economies and creates vibrant communities around the province.
Chambers of Commerce are community leaders in action. Chamber of Commerce Week recognizes and applauds this important contribution, and brings further awareness about the Chamber Network’s influence and importance to members of the public and Chamber members alike.