The 3rd Annual Women's Retreat
On April 14th, 2023 — Join us in a space dedicated to women in business for connection, inspiration, and growth.
Once again our retreat will be held at the Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort! Open to all women in business, we are inviting you all to experience this wellness event with us for 2023.
An event overview and FAQ are available below. We hope you can join us!
The day will incorporate short workshops that will inspire you to make the most of your personal and professional health and well being.
Spend the day at The Prestige from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM to embrace workshops & nourishment including a focus on the entrepreneurial mindset, communicating to thrive and flourish, leadership, mindfulness, mental health, and yoga.
This in-person event is proudly sponsored by Scotiabank.
KEY NOTE SPEAKER: Melissa Houston
For more than 20 years, Melissa has helped small to medium-sized business owners and their senior-level finance staff to ensure financial and business strategies are in place so they can create more profit in their businesses. In her work, she monitors KPIs regularly, manages cash, provides audit support and many other finance functions. She has extensive experience with corporate accounting, financial planning, SRED work, Internal Controls and ITGCS. As a columnist at Forbes, Entrepreneur and other large publications she shares her knowledge of personal and business finance with entrepreneurs.
She is also a Financial Strategist with a passion of helping entrepreneurs and business owners understand how vital it is as the CEO of their business to understand their business numbers.
- Money Mindset
- Finance Leadership
- Business Profitability
Cecile Andreas – Crux Coaching
- Cecile’s mission is to unlock the potential in people, teams and organizations. She brings her experience as a leader and service provider to her work as a coach, facilitator, educator, and entrepreneur.
Cecile is an associate faculty member at Royal Roads University, in the Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching and Advanced Certificate in Group and Team Coaching Programs.
She holds a Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, and an Advanced Certificate of Coaching Practice from Royal Roads University. She is a Certified Daring Way™ and Dare to Lead™ Facilitator. She holds a medical degree from the University of Stellenbosch.
Shawna Bryant – EV Ergonomics
- Business Strategist, Coach, Trainer and Consultant. After more than fifteen years of Supervisory, Management, Board and
Committee work for corporations, and establishing a few businesses of her own in that period, Shawna founded SAORSA Business Services in 2016. She wanted to find a way to help as many company owners & employees as possible through training, coaching and strategizing their businesses needs.
She has created strategies that help businesses reach their goals, break down & plan their processes, open up communication, strengthen their safety, and find the right leaders. Shawna has become a trusted business strategist, coach and trainer with many business owners and executives across North America.
Maria Bushmin – GUS Canada
- Maria currently works as a Domestic Communications and Engagement Manager at University Canada West, and volunteers as the Communications Director for the MPI BC Chapter. Her background includes recruitment and marketing for multiple higher-education institutions, event planning, and community outreach. When Maria isn’t behind a computer or traveling for work, she can be found on a mountain, in a lake, behind a camera lens, or being an awesome pet-mom to her three snakes and sassy, blue-tongued skink.
Laura-Leigh Mckenzie – Certified Holistic Nutrition Consultant
- Laura-Leigh is a Certified Holistic Nutrition Consultant who supports women struggling with their digestion and mental health. Having personally experienced the effects of an imbalanced gut on mental health, Laura-Leigh is passionate about teaching diet and lifestyle shifts that can improve gut health, and in turn, ease mental health struggles such as low mood, anxiety and depression. Laura-Leigh works with her clients to make it easy to plan and prep healthy, delicious food and incorporate mindfulness & movement as a daily practice. Laura-Leigh also operates Corner Veggies Market Garden in Jaffray alongside her husband and toddler, so you can always find her hustling veggies at the Baynes Lake Farmers’ Market on Saturdays during the summer months.
Dr. Wynette Morley – Kootenay Counselling Inc.
- Dr. Wynette Morley is a Clinical Psychotherapist, specializing in recovery from trauma. She has been in independent practice in Cranbrook for 20+ years, and has a special interest in women’s issues as related to mental health.
Brenda Cartier – Exhale Yoga
- Brenda has been teaching yoga for 19 years in Cranbrook, the Kootenay and Internationally.
Brenda owned and operated Exhale yoga studio for 10 years in Cranbrook.
She is an empathic and knowledgeable teacher with extensive training and teaching experience, but mostly due her life experiences of living with chronic pain and autoimmune, make her a compassionate and understanding teacher.
She loves yoga, helping others, and teaching is her passion.
For The last 16 years, Brenda’s focused on therapeutic and restorative yoga, private sessions and group retreats.
9:00 AM – 9:25 AM Welcome & Introductions
9:25 AM – 10:25 AM Scotiabank Keynote Speaker Melissa Houston – Money Management
Empowering women with their finances
10:30 AM – 10:45 AM Morning Nutrition Break
10:45 AM – 11:15 AM Maria Bushmin – Schooling Up
Level up in your career and allow yourself to be agile and versatile in an ever-changing industry
11:15 – 11:45 AM Laura-Leigh Mckenzie – Nutrition
How to prioritize and use food as a tool to maintain your energy, focus & stress throughout the day
11:45 AM – 12:15 PM Shawna Bryant – EV Ergonomics
Office Injury Prevention
12:15 PM – 1:15PM Lunch Break
1:15 PM – 1:45 PM Cecile Andreas – Crux Coaching
Becoming my own best friend – improve our wellbeing and our relationship with ourselves
1:45 PM – 2:15 PM Mission Thrift Fashion Show
2:15 PM – 2:45 PM Afternoon Break with Networking
2:45 PM – 3:15 PM Brenda Cartier – Exhale Yoga
Relaxation Yoga Session
3:15 PM – 4:00 PM Dr. Morley – Clinical Psychotherapy
Women’s celebration circle
4:00 PM Reflection & Closing Remarks
This is an all-inclusive event. All you need to bring is yourself!
Everything you need throughout the event will be supplied either by the Chamber, or event hosts, including lunch & snacks!
EARLYBIRD PRICING: $105 (incl. GST) available February 14 – March 10
REGULAR MEMBER: $115 (incl. GST) March 11 – April 7
REGULAR NON-MEMBER: $120 (incl. GST) March 11 – April 7
YES! Lunch is included. We will be delighting the senses with ‘build your own’ Buddha Bowls.
We will also have morning & afternoon nutrition breaks. (aka delicious snacks)
YES! We have a group setup for attendees. Any event attendees who require accommodations can receive the Chamber of Commerce discounted rate at approximately $122.95 before tax.
Guests can simply call the hotel at: 1.877.737.8443 and request accommodations for the “CBK Chamber Women’s Retreat”.