Accessible Tourism “Spark” Mentorships & Grants Program
Do you have a new innovative accessible tourism idea for the Kootenay Rockies?
If so, they want to hear from you!
Whether you are an individual, a start-up or an established small business or non-profit organization, there can be many challenges and barriers to bringing a new accessible tourism idea, experience or partnership to fruition.
The goal of Kootenay Rockies Tourism goal is to inspire residents, entrepreneurs, small businesses, non-profit organizations and community groups in the Kootenay Rockies region to come forward with creative ideas that will generate new accessible tourism opportunities, offerings, experiences and partnerships in the area.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Call out for applications from individuals, small businesses, non-profits and community groups from the Kootenay Rockies region
- Application reviews by a jury including local and provincial tourism leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators
- Finalists’ Pitch Session (our friendly take on a tourism Dragon’s Den):
Save the date: March 29, 2023 @ 1:00-3:30pm PST | 2:00-4:30pm MST
- Selection of 3 winning applicants
SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- 3 month mentorship with a tourism innovator, experienced operator, industry leader, accessibility and/or sector expert
- $3,000 “Spark” grant to support the development of accessible tourism ideas and activities
- Access to a support network of tourism innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders
- Ongoing guidance on other resources and support services provided by partners
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 28, 2023
Who Can Apply?
- Individuals 18+ who live/work in the Kootenay Rockies region (refer to map below)
- Small businesses new or existing, with up to 10 full-time year-round employees based in the Kootenay Rockies region
- Small non-profit organizations (up to 10 full-time year-round employees) and community groups based in the Kootenay Rockies region