Business Support Programs
The following is a list of recently announced business support programs:
- The Accelerating Manufacturing Scale-Up grant program opens April 15 with a deadline of May 31. It is open to individual or groups of BC businesses that manufacture value-added products. Grants up to $250,000 for individual businesses and $500,000 for groups of businesses. There are webinars offered on Apr 21 and 28 to provide more information, registration on the program website.The program will provide individual grants to eligible small and medium-sized businesses that manufacture or process value-added products to:
- Support industry collaboration to advance innovations that can support enhanced productivity and sustainability, including the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from industry practices and processes;
- Adjust to the economic changes created by the COVID-19 pandemic by retooling manufacturing lines or scaling-up production;
- Advance the production of manufactured goods that are on the verge of commercialization; and
- Localize portions of supply chains where B.C. businesses can be competitive.
- PST Rebate for Capital Investments – allows incorporated businesses to recover 100% of the PST on most machinery and equipment purchased between Sept. 17, 2020 and Sept. 30, 2021
- Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant will provide affected businesses with up to $10,000 in one-time funding
Businesses impacted by the March 30, 2021, provincial health orders will be eligible to receive between $1,000 and $10,000 in grant funding.The majority of eligible businesses will receive a grant of $5,000. To be eligible, a business is required to:
- Confirm it has been affected by the recent provincial health orders;
- Provide electronic banking information;
- Confirm that it is registered as a B.C. business;
- Produce a business validation document, such as a business licence, liquor licence, notice of assessment or lease agreement; and
- confirm majority ownership and operations and payment of taxes in B.C.
Applications are expected to open the week of April 12, 2021, and will close on June 4, 2021, or until the funds are dispersed
To register to receive an email notification when applications open, businesses can visit: www.gov.bc.ca/business-relief
Businesses that have received, or are in the application process for the Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant, will be contacted about applying for the Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant.