Canadian Chamber’s Business Data Lab
Overall business conditions in Canada are mixed. Canadian businesses are struggling with broad-based cost pressures and recruiting challenges.
However, there are some notable bright spots: labour markets are strong for workers, global supply chain challenges are easing, consumer spending, international trade & businesses bottom lines have all shown resistance.
CURIOUS OF OVERALL CONDITIONS OF CANADIAN BUSINESS?
Introducing the Canadian Chamber’s Business Data Lab (BDL). Your partner for Canadian business insights. The Business Conditions Terminal is a premier analytics platform for monitoring Canadian business conditions and trends.
The Business Conditions Terminal (BCT) contains eight distinct, but interconnected, dashboards with up-to-date data related to Canadian business conditions.
THIS TOOL CAN HELP:
- Canadian small and medium-sized businesses
- Advisors working with small business clients
- Local Canadian Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade
- Analysts who monitor and forecast the Canadian economy
An example: Transportation and Tourism
Key indicators: Business supply chain challenges, delivery times, shipping rates, port traffic, rail shipments, tourism activity, flights, border crossings, local restaurant, and
You can use this dashboard to answer questions such as:
- How much of a problem are global supply chains right now? How widespread are Canadian business concerns about supply chains?
- What’s happening with supplier deliver times?
- What’s going on with global shipping rates?
- How much traffic is moving through the Port of Vancouver?
- How are Canadian rail shipments performing compare with recent years?
- How many domestic and international flights are occurring in Canada’s major
- How many passengers are crossing Canadian borders each day?
- How busy are restaurants in my city
- What’s happening with hotel occupancy rates, and prices in my local tourist region?
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Watch the introduction video below to learn about accessing this powerful tool.