Businesses, community members and visitors will benefit from renovation
(Cranbrook) – Renovations are now underway to enhance the Cranbrook Community Business and Visitor Hub.
The Cranbrook & District Chamber of Commerce project includes:
- renovating the Chamber office;
- renovating the visitor information space and adding an Internet kiosk;
- adding three offices that can be rented to small business operators, and
- expanding an existing rental office;
- developing a state-of-the-art meeting and training facility for use by the
- entire community; and
- developing community business incubation and sector support services.
“This project will make better use of the existing space and make it more usable for local businesses, community members and visitors,” said Karin Penner, Manager, Cranbrook & District Chamber of Commerce. “It will continue to grow the function of the Chamber building as the primary business and visitor information centre for Cranbrook.”
The work is being done with $42,500 in support from Columbia Basin Trust (CBT).
“The renovation will increase the Chamber’s ability to deliver a range of services to a range of users,” said Jennifer Krotz, CBT Community Liaison. “CBT is pleased it is able to support such a beneficial economic and community development project.”
CBT supports efforts to deliver social, economic and environmental benefits to the residents of the Columbia Basin. To learn more about CBT programs and initiatives, visit www.cbt.org or call 1.800.505.8998.