Investment Readiness Training Coming to the Kootenays!
Kootenay Association for Science & Technology (KAST) is providing programming to local tech entrepreneurs and businesses in the Kootenay by partnering with Spring Activator and Volition to run an Investment Readiness Training program from March through May of this year. Impact investing emphasizes a measurable, beneficial social or environmental impact alongside a financial return.
This training will be a 9-week program facilitated by Spring Activator & Volition, preparing Kootenay region entrepreneurs and startups to be investment-ready. Participating entrepreneurs will gain unique insights into the mindset of investors, learn the fundamentals of seeking investment capital and develop their own pitch presentation. Each session will be a hybrid event, allowing participants to attend in person at the Nelson Innovation Centre or via Zoom Conference.
From this program, participants will:
- Develop their funding literacy, including learning the basics of capital raising, finding the ideal investor and completing the supporting paperwork.
- Develop their pitch presentation by learning how to engage with a clear, concise and compelling story-based pitch & presentation.
- Establish their approach to revenue generation in support of fundraising.
- Learn how to prepare for a detailed investor review of their company.
- Learn how to close the investment deal.
All Kootenay region tech entrepreneurs and startups who are ready to or already are, raising funds from investors to apply for this program. KAST is accepting applications from now through to Midnight on Monday, February 28, 2022.
To apply for this program, click here!