Workplace Accessibility Grant Program
Thanks to funding provided by the Government of Canada, Small Business BC has announced a new Workplace Accessibility Grant. This September, take part in Small Business BC’s Accessibility Month as they host a Workplace Accessibility Grant Info Session. This session will include “what the grant can be used for, how the program works, program eligibility, and the grant application process”.
This grant is open to companies with 1-50 employees (both part time and full time) and “can be used for the following (but not exclusively for)”:
- Environment: ramps, lighting levels, accessible washrooms, adaptions to vehicles, etc.
- Attitudes: anti-bias training
- Practices: training to review and amend interview processes, ASL interpreting for new staff orientation, accessibility audit of workflow, etc.
- Policies: funding for legal and consulting advice in revising policies, time for staff to revise policies, etc.
- Information and Communication: job task checklists in pictorial form, ASL version of policies, application forms accessible to screen readers, reprinting hardcopies of material in large font, Braille versions of documents, update web-pages for accessibility, etc.
- Technologies: purchasing software that enables production of accessible documents, flashing fire alarms for Deaf employees, specialized headsets, tablet for communication, laptop to allow some one to work from home, specialized tools, etc.
To register for the informational seminar, click here.
To learn more about the Workplace Accessibility Grant, click here.